David Himbert - Photographe Montréal

Guaranteed Pure Milk Bottle, Montreal

$129.00 CAD

Shipping costs will be calculated at checkout.

← Back to store
___________________________________________________________________________

Fine Art Printing, Museum Quality.

Fine Art printing is done on a Hahnemühle Photo Rag Ultra Smooth Mat 305 gsm, 100 % Cotton, white, acid free, long conservation time.

Frame not included.

Shipping calculated at checkout.
Tax included.

--

La pinte de lait Guaranteed Pure Milk est un château d'eau, en forme de bouteille de lait, situé au 1025 de la rue Lucien-L'Allier, à Montréal, au Québec. Propriété de l'ancienne laiterie Guaranteed Pure Milk, elle est devenue une icône du paysage montréalais.

La pinte de lait géante est installée en 1930 par la laiterie Guaranteed Pure Milk, l'une des premières laiteries de Montréal. D'une hauteur d'environ dix mètres, d'un poids de six tonnes avec une capacité de 250 000 litres, ce monument fait d'acier riveté est construit par la Dominion Bridge de Lachine.

Sous l'initiative d'Héritage Montréal, elle est restaurée en 2009 grâce à des dons totalisant 100 000 dollars, venant pour une bonne part des Producteurs de lait du Québec.

--

The Guaranteed Pure Milk bottle is a landmark water tower in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, located at 1025 Lucien L'Allier Street (previously rue de l'Aqueduc).

 The 6-tonne (13,000 lb), 10-metre (33 ft)-high Art Deco structure was designed in 1930 by architects Hutchison, Wood & Miller as advertising for the Guaranteed Pure Milk Company (founded 1900). The building on which it stands is the former headquarters of the Guaranteed Pure Milk Company and is visible in the movie "Red 2" as the exterior of the "Yankee White Facility", although the water tower itself is not.

The giant riveted steel quart of milk was built by Dominion Bridge Company of Lachine. It has a 250,000-litre (66,000 US gal; 55,000 imp gal) capacity. The bottle ceased being used in the 1970s but remained with the building even after the dairy was sold to (and disappeared under) Ault Foods in 1990.

In 2009, it was restored after years of disrepair, thanks to the efforts of volunteers, $100,000 in private donations, and lobbying by Heritage Montreal.

Using Format